Felsenmusick - The Weblog of Daniel Felsenfeld
The Web Log of a Certain Daniel Felsenfeld: Composer, critic, avid reader, aspiring
bon vivant, capricorn, shadowy figure, advice for the lovelorn

Friday, September 22, 2006

Con Moltissimo Brio

For those who have not yet ventured onto YourTube, this is your moment. Maniac violinist Giles Apap (who, full disclosure, was the first serious musician ever to play a piece of mine, teach me about writing for the violin) plays a cadenza to end all cadenzas, Mozart and then some. The faces of the orchestra in the background are priceless. Watch it. Run don't walk.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, admit it. Do you really mention that Mr. Apap played a piece of yours in the interest of "full disclosure," or do you mention it because you are proud of that fact? I would guess it was the latter. You should be me open with that fact -there's nothing wrong with being proud - because this way it sounds like your trying to come off as cool and jaded.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I've always thought the blogosphere was a tough place, but wow, anonymous. You are right, I am indeed proud (and neither cool nor jaded, alas; would that I were either) and I shall take your lesson to heart. Yes, it's great that Giles is doing such wild things and that he too played a piece of mine. But to be honest, I am proud and honored by most of the people who have played music of mine.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home