Felsenmusick - The Weblog of Daniel Felsenfeld
The Web Log of a Certain Daniel Felsenfeld: Composer, critic, avid reader, aspiring
bon vivant, capricorn, shadowy figure, advice for the lovelorn

Monday, January 15, 2007

Deconstructing the Pundits

Something about the way the Times has covered--and continues to cover--the "war" in Iraq has always put me off. It seemed biased, corporate, and written by those wise people who might better serve predicting traffic or economic trends. Instead, from their lofty positions, they calculate and comment on the blood spilt in the gulf, seeming to lick their chops. But I could never get a bead on it. Thne this article, brilliantly written and researched, helped me come to understand. The so-called paper of record is, when it comes to war, as beholden to corporate Kool-Aid as Fox. Read and see how those who loved the war are wealthy, while those who objected languish. It's really pretty stunning work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hucbald said...

I - as a libertarian - see enough blame to go around on both the left and the right. It seems to me that the west has an undeniable problem with militant islam, and the question is only one of how to confront and defeat it.

What bothers me is the acidic acrimony which, I'm sorry to say, seems to come mostly from the left. Why can we not be civil toward each other as we grope our way to a solution to this difficult problem? Many on the left refuse to even admit thast there IS a problem.

I don't understand that attitude. The problem is obvious if your eyes are open.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home