Felsenmusick - The Weblog of Daniel Felsenfeld
The Web Log of a Certain Daniel Felsenfeld: Composer, critic, avid reader, aspiring
bon vivant, capricorn, shadowy figure, advice for the lovelorn

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

End of a Long Winter


What a semester...seriously.

I hate sometimes that I'm occupationally forced to think in terms of semesters--makes me feel like I'm in the 37th grade or something--but alas it works. It's been a doosey. A lot of writing, an overwhelming amount of teaching, a personal life not without it's ups and downs (mostly ups) and several long, onerous articles written. But I'm happy to say the tunnel is festooned with a light at the end--at least a little.

Of course, blogging is always the first thing to go (especially since I write elsewhere) but I have made a New Year's Resolution (it is always a new year somewhere, right?) to be more vigilant. I like Felsenmusick, and hate frustrating readers.

Here's a query for you both, then: can music--not the topic of the lyrics, not the images it accompanies, but the actual pitches and rhythms that make up a score--be "dangerous"? There's a reason I'm asking--any thoughts?

Oh, and if you missed this from ages ago, please read my little Article in the New York Times about the land from whence I hail.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Radu Prisacaru, UK Internet Marketer & Web Developer said...

I am select your site how one of my favorites sites. Your model is good and single.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home