Felsenmusick - The Weblog of Daniel Felsenfeld
The Web Log of a Certain Daniel Felsenfeld: Composer, critic, avid reader, aspiring
bon vivant, capricorn, shadowy figure, advice for the lovelorn

Monday, September 29, 2008

Lest We Believe

I've often had trouble with the way the Times spins things, but I about fell out of my chair when I read this (please, it is the wording that troubles me, not the sentiment. In a article about the bailout not working, "The vote against the measure was 228 to 205, with 133 Republicans joining 95 Democrats in opposition. The bill was backed by 140 Democrats and 65 Republicans." Now my objection is subtle, but important, as this is the lead paragraph of the lead story: if 133 Republicans and 95 Democrats stand opposed, is it really fair to say that the majority joined the minority?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought this product would be helpful for a musician like you and can help you in saving lot of money

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, because the Democrats are the majority party.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home