Felsenmusick - The Weblog of Daniel Felsenfeld
The Web Log of a Certain Daniel Felsenfeld: Composer, critic, avid reader, aspiring
bon vivant, capricorn, shadowy figure, advice for the lovelorn

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cat Power

I don't know how many out there know this, but a cat, on an airline, takes precedence over a person. If someone is allergic to peanuts, they will remove them from a flight, but if someone is allergic to cats, they are not only second to the traveling animal (whose owner has paid a $150 fee to have them in the cabin as opposed to the hold) but there is also no way of notifying you that there is a cat on the plane. Now some out there might say "Take a Claritin and quit your whining," but those who say this don't know that there are many kinds of allergies to cats--the sniffy kind, and the kind I have that is directly linked to asthma. I won't die, but I will get horrible bronchitis for six or so weeks.

This, by the way, caused me to miss the first day of my honeymoon. And now it's delayed my trip to Los Angeles to see my family.

So happy holidays, cat lovers--I hope you enjoy how much you've made someone with a chronic health issue suffer. And happy holidays airlines, who simply don't care. Makes you long for the great old days of train travel.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maury D'annato said...

I mean, you might consider blaming the airlines for their policy rather than cat lovers, the vast majority of whom I would assume were not involved in a conspiracy to ruin your health. Speaking only for myself, I never got the memo...

8:23 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I thought I had...

No offense to cat lovers. I love them too--from a distance.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! What do you mean you missed the first day of your honeymoon...?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Indeed, I did miss a day of my honeymoon.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home