Felsenmusick - The Weblog of Daniel Felsenfeld
The Web Log of a Certain Daniel Felsenfeld: Composer, critic, avid reader, aspiring
bon vivant, capricorn, shadowy figure, advice for the lovelorn

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Under the Gun


With two pieces due soon, classes starting in shorter order than I would like, and yes, nuptuals forthcoming (including my own--on the 30th of September I am lucky enough to be marrying one Elizabeth Isadora Gold, the writer) I fear a little Felsenmusick pause is in the offing. Read other music blogs in the meantime, and I will be back with fierce passion as soon as the heat breaks. When next we meet, I'll have a new piece for the brilliant choreographer Jenny Showalter, a scene from my opera The Bloody Chamber, some hot syllibi for a host of courses at City College, and a feature article on the great musical genius Carl Stalling for Symphony magaizine all put to bed.

See you all on the other side!

5 Comments:

Blogger Hucbald said...

You still use staff... paper? Wow. Just... wow. I may jot down an idea on a pad once in a blue moon, but I'm pretty much composing in the computer all the time now. I only have pads around to give lessons on anymore.

For God's sake man, think of the trees! ;^)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Hucbald, whoever you are, you've just got plenty critical to say, don't you. These arguments--pad vs. computer; piano vs. desk--just leave me a little cold. I am sure your computer works just fine for you...me, I need the paper. Think of the Carbon Stamp from your electricity, man.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I...am...so...slow...

Mazel tov and many, many years from the three of us to you & Liz!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Hucbald said...

Daniel, you're far too sensitive. That was not a critical statement at all, but just an observation of my shock, as most composers I know use computers anymore.

And, my attempt at a bit of good natured humor was also evidently lost on you. Nothing I can do about that, I guess.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Hucbald said...

Daniel, I wasn't being critical, just making an observation of my amazement. Sorry the humorous intent was lost on you.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home