Felsenmusick - The Weblog of Daniel Felsenfeld
The Web Log of a Certain Daniel Felsenfeld: Composer, critic, avid reader, aspiring
bon vivant, capricorn, shadowy figure, advice for the lovelorn

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Let's Dance

Being essentially a closetet luddite, I am unable to make the hysterical 12-Tone Masters Commercial available here for you, so I will direct you to Alex Ross' post, where he's somehow made it available for download. Hilarious. (And how does one do that, tech-wise?) He told me he was persuaded by the Lulu Scream; myself, I was in stitches at the announcer's saying "Let's Dance" in reference to a Schoenberg Waltz. Thanks to close close friend Stephanie Mortimore for passing it on, and to another old friend, Edwin Outwater, for cluing Alex and myself in on the source of this hysterical sound byte--which I've now listened to at least 20 times!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a line in there to the effect of checking out Webern's "romantic" Symphony, I think, that tore me apart, and his "sick, er, Six Orchestral Pieces." And I like those pieces!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classical Music? Define your terms:

http://www.newmusicbox.org/chatter/chatter.nmbx?id=4529


And check out the finished Porgy:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060219/ENTERTAINMENT05/602190313/1069

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you read this?

http://www.slate.com/id/2136714/

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, the "Let's Dance" is what got me, too. Happy to see/read you in blogland--thanks to Mr. Ross's reference. By the way, any trips to SF in your future?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Hucbald said...

I'm with Tim: The "virtuoso" violinist scratching at the open strings just doubled me up. Of course, Igor's guest appearance was also a toss-your-head-back-and-laugh moment. Who put that together, anyway? It's brilliant.

George

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home