Felsenmusick - The Weblog of Daniel Felsenfeld
The Web Log of a Certain Daniel Felsenfeld: Composer, critic, avid reader, aspiring
bon vivant, capricorn, shadowy figure, advice for the lovelorn

Friday, December 30, 2005

And While I'm At It...

The new issue of Symphony Magazine arrived at my doorstep a few days ago, with a cryptic note saying "look on Page 57." There I was pleased to find a review of two of my books by none other than the illustrious blogger-critic-composer Kyle Gann. His comments were generous, his criticisms vailid and appropriately framed, and his observations keen beyond keen. I do not know him personally, though am a huge fan of his many musical incarnations, and so I bow humbly and publically thank Mr. Gann for his warm words about my little books.

Alas, the whole of the review is not available online, so you must of course run out and buy a copy of the magazine.

Self-Promotional Aside: Should you wish to go straight to the source and buy either book (hint hint--they make good gifts for your friends who've always wanted to know about new music but were too afraid or intimidated to get started) here's a link to Ives and Copland and here's one for Britten and Barber. They both come with accompanying CDs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christiane said...

Self promotion should never be an aside. At least not in your case. I'd much rather you went for shameless and bold.

Having just learned how to differentiate between Klezmer and Classical, I shall, at once, wander the aisles at Powells looking for your book. Or two.

Happy New Year Mr. Felsenfeld.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Christiane said...

Yep, we've met a time or two. But my identity must be kept a secret to protect the innocent.

La, la, la. A tisket, a tasket, a sandwich in a basket . . .

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home