Felsenmusick - The Weblog of Daniel Felsenfeld
The Web Log of a Certain Daniel Felsenfeld: Composer, critic, avid reader, aspiring
bon vivant, capricorn, shadowy figure, advice for the lovelorn

Saturday, December 03, 2005

An American Tragedy

Allow me to be the last to point out that Tobias Picker's opera An American Tragedy opened at the Met last Friday night, and the completely different responses from one critic and three different bloggers is something to behold. I am not saying anything bad about Mr. Davidson's taste (and truthfully, even when I disagree with his reviews I've usually found them intelligent and nicely written) but this chasm illustrates, to me, another reason why blogging is actually important. Its a rule of numbers: in this case, three for and one against; go see An American Tradgedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home